(cba:news) More on Var Cas 06

Joe Patterson jop at astro.columbia.edu
Sun Nov 5 05:24:53 EST 2006

Dear CBAers,

Keep after the bright new star in Cas!  We're pressing ahead with it on
every front we can: X-ray, UV, spectroscopy, calibrated photometry, and
time-series photometry.  For northerners, it's now a perfect target up
there in Cas, successfully shrugging off the challenges of the full Moon.
The nature of the star seems quite mysterious... a garden-variety A star
jumps 4 magnitudes, and still looks like a garden-variety A star!

Message on other stars later today...

joe

BTW a V filter would be a nice choice for a time series.  B would be
pretty good too.