(cba:news) V1674 Her... advertisement

Joe Patterson jop at astro.columbia.edu
Fri Jun 24 12:52:10 EDT 2022

Dear CBAers,

I'm a few days away from sending this off to ApJ Letters.  The
assemblage of periods and rates of period change are certainly the most
sensational I've encountered in my career... and it's a short,
easy-to-understand paper.

I'll send it next week to you, and also astro-ph.  With big shots like U
Sco lurking about, it's sometimes hard for a little old mere nova to get
attention.  So, with the Moon finally out of the way, I'm hoping you can
give this little star some close attention now.  The spin period changes
at a rate ~100x faster than anything we have seen before, so we really
need to hammer away to keep track of it  LONG runs are especially
valuable.

Check to make sure we've got your contact info right.

joe