(cba:news) (cba:chat) ASASSN-V J205457.73+515731.9 of ATel #13824, anyone?

Joe Patterson jop at astro.columbia.edu
Thu Jun 25 08:08:35 EDT 2020

Hi Heinz,

Yes, now that I look over the information available so far, it looks
like a star very much worth investigating - by us, as well as by other
techniques (spectroscopy, astrometry, etc.)  QPOs are certainly
commonplace among CVs, but the photometric history and nearby nebula
makes it extremely interesting.  i think this should be a prime object
for morning observing these days - although beware the crowded field!

For now.  Let's see if CBAers can get clean observations of this star.

BTW my plaintive cry for HP Lib observations, especially in the north,
met with a great response.  We now have a sufficiently dense record to
track that minuscule orbital signal.  Some continued coverage is needed
to track the relatively large (easy to measure!) superhump signal... but
long coverage is not needed for that.

joe p