(cba:news) (cba:chat) MAXI J1820 = ASASSN-18ey URGENT

Joe Patterson jp42 at columbia.edu
Sat Mar 31 07:32:28 EDT 2018

Still dark on the West Coast, and later in AU/NZ, when the HST will
still be observing.  Of course, simultaneous observations are pure
gold.  "Contemporaneous" (close in time) observations are mighty good
too.  We don't know much about periods in this star, but short
integrations are preferred if you have experience with them.  There is
merit in both unfiltered observation (better S/N) and filtered (so it
can be put on a flux versus wavelength curve).

joe