(cba:news) HU Aquarii - a job well done!

Joe Patterson jop at astro.columbia.edu
Fri Aug 17 18:26:02 EDT 2018

Hi CBAers,

The hard X-ray observation took place, and now we have a pretty
well-covered optical light curve from 2 days before to 2 days after.
Bravo!  That specifies the timing of the binary very well, and now we
just have to wait for the analysis of the X-ray data - to reveal the
shock temperature and therefore the mass of the white dwarf.

So that wraps up the 2018 campaign on HU Aqr.  I was very pleasantly
surprised by the data quality on such a faint star.

joe p