(cba:news) Fwd: [vsnet-alert 20780] Re: OV Boo outburst = SDSS J1507+52

Joe Patterson jop at astro.columbia.edu
Tue Mar 14 20:12:03 EDT 2017

Hi CBAers,

Yesterday in America, the CBO dominated the news.  Today it seems to be
the CBA - because one of our all-time favorite stars burst into its
first known eruption.  Bootis is decently available in the sky
(1507+52)...so get thee to a telescope.

At 12th magnitude you can even use a filter (V is best).  But as usual,
it's the time series we're most interested in, so a nice long time
series in unfiltered light is just perfect.  This could be a short
outburst, so speed might be essential!

joe