(cba:news) YZ Cnc, oops, priority now changed

Joe Patterson jop at astro.columbia.edu
Wed Jan 25 16:36:24 EST 2017

Hi CBAers,

Just got this from Christian Knigge, who is organizing the YZ Cnc
campaign.  The X-ray satellites have pointing constraints, which are
mostly - but alas not entirely - predictable in advance.  Chandra can't
look at that position for at least another 8 days. So demote YZ Cnc in
priority until ~Feb 2.  It's still a decent target, but short-ish time
series will do, since the idea (until dense coverage starts in February)
is mainly to construct a detailed record of the
daily pattern of eruptions.

joe p