(cba:news) december stars, redux

Joe Patterson jop at astro.columbia.edu
Sun Dec 6 21:33:38 EST 2015

To supplement this note:

1. TV Col is done for the year.

2. For RX0644+33 we have a lot of data, and superhumps are absent.
However, the star has now faded by nearly a magnitude, and the orbital
waveform has changed substantially (considerably larger amplitude, in
magnitude units).  That's quite interesting, and worth tracking further
- *if* you have been observing it (I have the various observers cross
calibrated).  Otherwise, move to other stars.

3. HS0455+83 has *possible* superhumps.  A few more nights will say yea
or nay.

4.  I think FS Aur can demoted to once-every-3-weeks status.

More on other stars in a day or two.

Joe P