(cba:news) Fwd: SDSS1642+1347

Joe Patterson jop at astro.columbia.edu
Wed Oct 10 10:30:56 EDT 2012

Hi CBAers,

HST is about to observe this star, but is worried about its brightness
(it has some small jumps up from its quiescence at V~18.3).  As early as
anyone can get it tonight, can you check?  Just a quick check would be
great.  I doubt anyone can get to it by 1600 UT... but the sooner the
better, especially if you're in Europe (or even farther east?)

joe

p.s. send to Boris.Gaensicke at warwick.ac.uk, and to me.

Hi All,
STScI would like an update on SDSS1642+1347 by ~16UT today.
when the star is not easily visible for most of our observers.

Any observations from Europe early this evening will be most welcome.

Cheers,

Boris