(cba:news) CR Boo in superoutburst

Joe Patterson jop at astro.columbia.edu
Sat Mar 3 10:21:56 EST 2012

Hi CBAers,

Tom Krajci found CR Boo in superoutburst last night, and superhumping
away.  Though it's slightly early in the Boo observing season, it's a
great opportunity to get an early start, and at +8 degrees dec, the star
is available for all hemispheres.  Fire away!  Tom, could you send full
information on the comparison star?

Just to carve out some room in the menu, the BK Lyn soldiers can take a
break.  It's great to see those large-amplitude humps night after
night... and indeed, this year's BK Lyn coverage will be re-writing some
books - but the 60 days have *perhaps* taught us everything we're going
to learn.  In the next two days I'll evaluate several of the other stars
on our menu: CP Pup, DW UMa, BH Lyn, at least.  Some of the others will
take a little longer - you guys have been sending a lot of data!