(cba:news) bk lyn in full glory

Joe Patterson jop at astro.columbia.edu
Thu Apr 5 10:28:58 EDT 2012

Joe Ulowetz's data last night showed BK Lyn at a bright supermax,
V=13.7.  And this "clear" magnitude usually underrates the actual V
brightness by about 0.2 mag.  Lynx is not an ideal location on April
nights... but BK Lyn sure is an ideal target!  Also, we don't have all
that much data in the brightest phases of a supermax.

It's true I'm getting greedy; we already have ~950 hours of coverage
this year.  But I promise never to be greedy again.  Ever.  Fire up
those telescopes in the days/weeks to come!

joe p