(cba:news) cbastro.org domain usage

Jonathan Kemp jk at cbastro.org
Sun May 15 03:32:36 EDT 2011

Hi,

This is just a quick note to say that our recent server hosting transition
means that any continued use of the old cbastro.org
machine/domain will result in bounced mail since that machine no longer
exists.  Of course, cbastro.org continues to work just fine.

While we transitioned to the new domain several years ago, there was no
compelling reason at the time to advise people to stop using the old
machine/domain as it was still functional, was hosting our new domain, and
was then expected to continue to be functional. Of course, upstream
network issues led to a service migration.

So, just in case any of you are having mail issues and are using the older
domain, updating your addressbook entries to use cbastro.org for chat
posts, news posts, and data submissions is advised.

Cheers,

Jonathan

PS - While some non-critical web services are still being restored as time
permits, a provisional display of recently-submitted data is now available
on the web site.