(cba:news) status update

Jonathan Kemp jk at cbastro.org
Sun May 1 02:58:31 EDT 2011

Hi,

Briefly, core communications services should now be restored (pending some
DNS information propagation).  Web services will be restored in the near
future as backups are restored.

For those of you who would like additional detail, here's a bit more
information. For many years we have have been thankful guests of our
gracious host institution.  However, we have had periodic network issues
which were out of our hands, and also out of our host department's hands.
This week's network issues were more problematic, so we accelerated
existing plans to migrate elsewhere.  That migration is approximately
complete.

Cheers,

Jonathan