(cba:news) OT_J234440.5-001206 = new Catalina transient

Joe Patterson jop at astro.columbia.edu
Sun Sep 5 05:05:02 EDT 2010

Another little cutie in this great survey's net. Pretty large outburst
amplitude (6.5 mag).  Gianluca reports superhumps.  Transiting near
midnight.  Equatorial.  Our proverbial cup of tea.  Go for it!

You can find a chart on the CRTS survey page, under "MLS bright CVs".
The double star points to the transient!

joe

BTW Lanning 420 appears to be finished - too faint.  Nice new SU UMa, I
guess.  Just to remind, this is a good time to resume our study of
OT2138+26, the Pegasus transient of the springtime - now in
quiescence... and definitely a good time to study IGR0023+61 (Cas),
which is now pulsing with a strangely much higher amplitude.