(cba:news) another blow against conventional wisdom...

Joe Patterson jop at astro.columbia.edu
Mon Aug 30 10:39:34 EDT 2010

Oops.  Now there's a nice correction!  David Boyd sent in the first of
the season's runs on IGR0023+61 and MU Cam.  They're both flamboyant
pulsators! (see attached time series).

On the one hand, it'll make cycle counting really easy - no long runs
needed.  But on the other hand, if we *do* get long runs, we can study
these pulsations, and their possible sidebands, in great detail.  Mighty
good for those long northern nights (when they get long, that is).

joe