(cba:news) TT Ari tonight

Joe Patterson jop at astro.columbia.edu
Sat Nov 14 20:18:24 EST 2009

Dear CBAers,

Reminder: Galex will observing TT Ari TONIGHT from 0553->0801 UT -
perfect for USA observers.  They will be using their grism spectrograph,
so this particular night is a good one for using filters - assuming you
have a clear sky.  Of course, the usual time-series is plenty good too.

Kitt Peak, and the southwestern USA generally, continues to suffer from
clouds and fog.  No stellar photons have been seen here in 2.5 days.  We
probably be wrapped in another fog bank tonight... but you lowlanders
might be able to get something.

I've been using the time to prepare spliced light curves so far in this
very-low state, and would happy to send 'em to anyone who would like 'em.

The star will remain on the Galex menu till Nov. 27 - but only tonight
for spectroscopy.