(cba:news) TT Ari in trouble

Joe Patterson jop at astro.columbia.edu
Thu Nov 12 15:57:56 EST 2009

Or more correctly, our campaign.  The weather in the southwestern USA
has "gone south" (forgive the parochialism), and will probably stay bad
for another 3 days.  We really, really could use help from other
longitudes!  Or latitudes.  The eastern USA is getting battered by a
slow-moving storm... so I hope that other observers can carry this forward!

We did get NZ coverage last night from Bob Rea and Bill Allen.  The star
remains more or less in that strange state I described... but it will be
a challenge to sort out the period/quasi-period of the huge humps -
given the unhappy P_rot and sometimes unhappy weather of our own planet.
  What about the great expanses of Europe and Australia?