(cba:news) (cba:chat) V1251 Cyg - mag 18

Joe Patterson jop at astro.columbia.edu
Wed Nov 5 23:12:33 EST 2008

OK gang, I think that rings the curtain down on V1251 Cyg.  The outburst
might well show echoes, but in my judgment we won't learn more from
them.  Tracking the fading outburst is plenty important, but others will
do it.  Not worth the struggles with eighteenth magnitude, plus the
possible echo light which really confuses the periodic signal (in my
experience).

KP Cas abd UW Tri are very likely still rewarding with fine light
curves.  And I strongly recommend OT0238+35, another flashy new
superhumper announced today by Maehara.
That's OT_J023839.1+355648.  I'm sorry I don't know more about this
object; I drew a blank on it.  Maybe some of you can dig up some useful
info, which I managed to miss.

And it's a fine season for V455 And, for which we continue to seek fast
photometry (15 s, and preferably even a little faster  if you can cope
with it).

Sorry for everything so northern.  I'll try to correct!

joe