(cba:news) SDSS 1627+12... and GW Lib

Joe Patterson jop at astro.columbia.edu
Sun Jun 1 18:13:16 EDT 2008

Dear CBAers,

Well, Tom found superhumps in this interesting star last night.  The
period is long enough to merit special attention, and placement in the
sky could hardly be better.  Great target for borealites.

As for australites, oh, it's GW Lib!  The star is back flashing its 2.1
hr waves in the light curve, it's a great target for those southern May
nights, and we'd like to track that wave throughout the observing season.

Later on today, I'll send info on MV Lyr.  Jerry Foote and Bob Koff have
obtained some very nice data, and I'll test for the orbital signal which
would be the signature of reprocessing.  My quick study of the first two
nights suggested no (which is interesting too, because it sets a limit).
  But I'll study further...

joe