(cba:news) NYTimes.com: Smaller Version of the Solar System Is Discovered

Joe Patterson jop at astro.columbia.edu
Fri Feb 15 04:52:02 EST 2008

This page was sent to you by: jop at astro.columbia.edu.

Here's a recent (today's New York Times) discussion of finding planets by microlensing, using round-the-world photometric coverage -- with Jennie and Grant figuring prominently in the discovery. Another such article, discussing the CBA data of the fall 06 campaign (the "Halloween transient") - esp. the contributions of Tom Krajci and Bob Koff - is about to come out in ApJ and in Sky and Telescope. Pretty interesting stuff... joe

SCIENCE / SPACE & COSMOS | February 15, 2008
Smaller Version of the Solar System Is Discovered
By DENNIS OVERBYE
Astronomers have found a miniature version of our own solar system 5,000 light years across the galaxy — the first planetary system that really looks like our own.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/15/science/space/15planets.html?ex=1203742800&en=2ef9690e766d10ea&ei=5070&emc=eta1

ABOUT THIS E-MAIL
This e-mail was sent to you by a friend through NYTimes.com's E-mail This Article service.  For general information about NYTimes.com, write to help at nytimes.com.

NYTimes.com 620 Eighth Avenue New York, NY 10018

Copyright 2008 The New York Times Company