(cba:news) HS2331+3905, the big one!

Joe Patterson jop at astro.columbia.edu
Tue Sep 4 16:32:17 EDT 2007

Dear CBAers,

HS2331+3905 has just erupted!  This is the first eruption ever, AND it
is surely one of the strangest and most important CVs in the sky.  Plus
it's 13th mag at least, and transiting near local midnight.  I'll be
sending out many notices soon about this star.  I've learned a lot about
it in our past two years of coverage, but certainly didn't think I was
going to see an eruption any time soon!

It's THE TOP PRIORITY for all northern observers.  Great will be your
pangs of conscience if you don't get to a telescope mighty soon!

joe

Downes et al. have it as "And", and a very good paper is by
Araujo-Betancor et al. (I think 2005).