(cba:news) Comp star for V825 Herculis

Joe Patterson jop at astro.columbia.edu
Tue Jul 20 11:21:14 EDT 2004

Since the period in V825 Her is long, my usual practice (in analyzing
data) of normalizing to mean light is not feasible - because some runs
will be mostly near the max, others mostly near the min, of the signal.
Therefore it will pay to use a common comparison star, for which I
recommend GSC 3081-61 (about V=13.1, and 3.7 arcmin W/ 0.5 arcmin S
from the variable).  We can cope with other comparison stars, but that's
the prime choice.

The CV itself is said to vary in the range 14.1-14.4, and that's
consistent with the magnitudes we find.