(cba:news) May stars

Joe Patterson jop at astro.columbia.edu
Tue May 6 19:10:13 EDT 2003

Dear CBAers,

Let's see, I think I left out RX Vol, the other erupting southern SU UMa
star.  That one is flashing very nice superhumps, and is a great
early-night target for the australites... with OU Vir as the follow-on.
EX Hya can take a little rest to let these stars make their little waves
in the CBA spotlight.

OU Vir is fine for the north too, about as hemisphere-neutral as they
come.  The other excellent northern object is RX0625+73.  I've got a lot
on that from Dave Messier, with his little refractor in cloud-infested
Connecticut.  How about you guys out there with your giant telescopes and
excellent skies?