(cba:news) The CBA sells its soul?

Joe Patterson jop at astro.columbia.edu
Thu Mar 1 10:08:28 EST 2001

Dear CBAers,

Before anyone grumbles too much about advertising in this hallowed
forum, I wanted to sing some praises to Hellier's book.  This is what
I've been hoping for all along, a CV book written for advanced amateurs
and undergraduates and yet not shunning physics.  Very digestible.
Some of you already own Warner's 1995 opus on the subject; an amazing
book, now called "Big Book" or "The Bible" by those of us in The Biz...
but sort of like taking a drink at a fire hydrant.

I recommend Hellier's book very highly, in fact I just ordered 30 copies!
(Oh, and I think he might say some warm fuzzy things about the CBA, too.)