(cba:news) RX2329+06 rising

Joe Patterson jop at astro.columbia.edu
Wed Dec 26 08:57:02 EST 2001

Our fishy and flashy new toy of the season, rx2329+06, has just risen
again - as many of you already know.  Probably about 13-14 mag right now.
A wonderful first object of the night, for northerners anyway.  This could
be a short outburst, the first ever seen from this crazy star.  Or it
could be the beginning of a long one, and we've never seen the full glory
of a long one either (just the tail end of the one that Patrick Schmeer
caught in November).  Toss the wrapping paper, take that camera out of its
gift box, and slap it on the nearest telescope!

The usual drill: long time series in unfiltered light.  When the scope
runs into a tree, you're done.

      joe

and don't forget the rest of the night. some really delightful data
appeared under my tree yesterday!