(cba:news) U Gem erupting

Joe Patterson jop at astro.columbia.edu
Wed Mar 1 16:44:27 EST 2000

Dear CBAers,

Well, U Gem is finally erupting, and I hope you can get to it soon ,
especially during eclipse phases (although coverage at all times will be
useful).  This coincides with coverage of two other erupting dwarf novae,
SW UMa and OY Car.  All are important, and I hesitate to rank them -
except to say that the best practice is to keep to one.  The best science
usually comes out from repeated measurements of a single object.

At +22 degrees dec, U Gem is presumably available to the Aussies and
Kiwis.  Don't be bashful, just cuz Gemini is not exactly your home turf!