(cba:news) Stars for August

Joe Patterson jop at astro.columbia.edu
Wed Aug 2 17:15:11 EDT 2000

Dear CBAers,

Haven't seen the Sun in a very long time, but I hope the weather is fine
where you are.  Here's the update on our various campaigns...

Lew Cook and Bob Fried have continued to visit V1494 Aql episodically,
and the star is continuing to fade as expected.  It's now about 0.4 mag
fainter than during our last strong campaign.  In view of its continued
excellent sky position, I'd say it was timely to resume close coverage.
I'm especially hoping for strong contribution from NZ and Europe, to flog
the noise down ever more vigorously.

The other good star for campaigning now is V751 Cyg; so far it has been an
all-USA affair, give us some company.  The superhump of last year appears
to be hanging in there quite well.

And lastly the DQ Hers, all nice targets.  AO Psc has been particularly
abandoned this year, I'm about to call CV Welfare Services.

No dwarf novae heating up the news-wires (unless some of you have decided
to pounce on DH Aql, which would be nice) right now, but we're always
alert to the most interesting.