(cba:news) (cba:chat) V1974 Cyg

Joe Patterson jop at astro.columbia.edu
Mon Sep 1 22:06:08 EDT 2014

Thanks, Enrique, and your assessment sounds very great all around.  I
will say, though, that another 2-3 nights of V1974 Cyg (from any
longitude) would complete the year's work on it - and secure enough
accuracy to pinpoint the orbital wave.

V1101 Aql is beautiful and will remain very important for at least
another month.

And QR And has gone into a very high state, crashing onto our menu for
the first time.

In the south, Gordon Myers has been covering VZ Scl for some time... and
I think it should replace CC Scl as a prime southern target.  ES Ceti is
also a very timely now... and V1223 Sgr is ready for retirement.

Much more detail in a couple days.  First class of the semester is tomorrow!

joe