(cba:news) (cba:chat) CP Eri in superoutburst

Joe Patterson jop at astro.columbia.edu
Sat Oct 5 05:18:21 EDT 2013

Hi Bill et al.,

We haven't observed CP Eri in a long time.  But in the past, we used a
15th mag comparison star 60" E and 64" N from CP Eri.  Color a tad red,
but not unacceptably so.  Others are ok too, as usual, if they're
appropriately bright.  Remember it'll fade a few magnitudes, so the very
bright comps won't be suitable.

joe

We've only caught the superhumps in their full glory on one night.  And
they're critical - superhumps in AM CVn stars are mighty rare!