(cba:news) GW Lib!

Joe Patterson jop at astro.columbia.edu
Fri Jun 7 19:59:31 EDT 2013

Dear CBAers,

Let's see of we can get an intensive GW Lib campaign over the next week.
  The recent HST observation showed a strangely high temperature, and
some high-amplitude fast oscillations.  But since all HST observations
are very brief windows into a star's soul, we absolutely rely on
earthbound telescopes to tell us what the overall story is.  In
particular, does the star still exhibit the 20 minute and 4.2 hour
variations it did shortly after its dwarf-nova outburst?  If so, we can
use the amplitudes at 6000 A (from our data) and 1500 A (from the HST
data) to obtain an excellent constraint on the source temperature...
which is sometimes exactly what's needed to determine the origin(s).

It's well-placed now for southern observers, but 4 min worth with each
passing day.  So far we just have a couple nights fro Bob Rea this
season - it would be great to make a strong push NOW on this star!

Just for the record, thanks for all the effort on PNV1915+07.  We're
analyzing every night's data just as it comes in... and still waiting
for the BIG superhumps which are likely to pop into view in the next few
days.