(cba:news) V380 Oph, no dice

Joe Patterson jop at astro.columbia.edu
Wed Aug 15 19:21:37 EDT 2012

Hi CBAers,

We're satisfied now that V380 Oph is only in a semi-low state, not a
really deep low state, which would have warranted an HST observation.
So: job well done.  However, before concluding it, could someone get a
long time series?  The snapshot data suggested there may be a periodic
signal there - could someone check?

Also, take RX2133+51 off the list.  We've got enough now to bridge the
data gap back to 2011, and can retire the star for the year (or possibly
until December).

It's a good season for GD 552 - keep up the steady coverage on that star!