(cba:news) CR Boo superoutburst

Joe Patterson jop at astro.columbia.edu
Sat Apr 21 06:55:38 EDT 2012

Dear CBAers,

The last day's observations from Tut and Enrique show that CR Boo has
jumped into superoutburst.  The major part of CR Boo's supers is always
brief, and we've never caught one really well.  Therefore, we've never
obtained the precise information we're used to getting from
superoutbursts in general.  The equatorial location hurts us too -
either because runs are short, or perhaps because people decide not to
observe it (horizon, expected short duration, etc.).  Anyway, the timing
is perfect now, and it would be great to follow this elusive star tree
to tree.  Enrique's comparison star is the AAVSO 137 star, with V=13.733.

Spookily, that's the exact frequency of BK Lyn's negative superhump in
c/d.  Hint to lottery players?