(cba:news) BW SCL bright outburst (v=9.6)!

Joe Patterson jop at astro.columbia.edu
Fri Oct 21 07:47:14 EDT 2011

Holy mackerel!  Is this true?  Linnolt's record is pretty good. Can
someone confirm?  And can everyone skip work, and work on this star
tree-to-tree?

Waiting for BW Scl to erupt - it's been a long vigil.  If true, it's
certainly the most important dwarf-nova eruption since WZ Sge in 1978.
Despite the brevity of this message, it took me a long time to write it.
  I made about 50 errors - from trembling fingers!

Just yesterday, our paper (Helena Uthas et al., MNRAS) on BW Scl at
quiescence was finally accepted.  She'll forward it in a few days.  I
don't remember including any "keep up a close watch" exhortation - but
as many of you know, it's been on the prime WZ Sge watch-list for a long
time... tied for #1 with GD 552 and MT Com.

joe