(cba:news) sv ari and xss0056+4548

Joe Patterson jop at astro.columbia.edu
Fri Aug 5 05:53:29 EDT 2011

Dear CBAers,

Looks like SV Ari will pan out, especially if European observations can
continue for a few more days (to solve the alias problems in
period-finding).  Since you're doing so well with such an awkward sky
position, here's a much easier one (for us borealites); XSS J00564+4548.
We left that one in January; now it's time to make friends with it in
the morning sky, in order to solve the yearly-alias problems.  It has a
complex spectrum of periodic signals - definitely in the "observe early
and often" category.

Plus, I hear that our old friends V1223 Sgr and V455 And are BEGGING for
time-series coverage.