(cba:news) OT 2102+02, and ASAS2243+08; also TT Ari and ES Cet

Joe Patterson jop at astro.columbia.edu
Sun Oct 18 11:08:13 EDT 2009

Dear CBAers,

I saw this vsnet note, and thought we might jump to it.  2102+02 only
permits brief runs in late October, but it's equatorial, so maybe we can
stitch together good multi-longitude light curves.  Greg, can you supply
any other info on this star?  0.3 mag superhumps... whew, that sounds
pretty interesting, and 2 hours could also be.

We're doing moderately well on ASAS2243+08, but it has started a rapid
fade.  Still a good target for up to a few nights.

OT J210205.7+025834: new SU UMa-type dwarf nova

    Greg Bolt has reported observations clearly showing 0.3-mag superhumps.
The period is around 2 hours.  Further observations are strongly encouraged
to determine the superhump period.

TT Ari campaign is going great... let's give this brazen star a long run
in Oct-Nov 2009!

And oh, I forgot to mention ES Cet, now transiting near midnight, and
available to everyone, though slightly favoring southerners.  We've been
tracking its 10-minute period, and I wanted to get one more solid season
of timing it before publishing the Pdot or upper limit (it's an
important constraint on the mass transfer rate, and hence evolution).