(cba:news) a crowded stellar menu

Joe Patterson jop at astro.columbia.edu
Wed Oct 29 20:53:06 EDT 2008

Some really beautiful light curves of KP Cas rolling in now - a
large-amplitude superhumper.  But don't leave V1251 Cyg and UW Tri
unexamined!  As far as we can tell right now, each is a very rare
erupter - a WZ Sge star, more or less - and no one yet knows which is
going to cough up its secrets more readily.  Catch 'em while they're bright!

Bob Rea is firing away on RX0232-37 and ES Cet, and we could really use
more coverage.  They're faint, but the Moon's outa the way and the
season's good.