(cba:news) GW Lib 'round the clock...

Joe Patterson jop at astro.columbia.edu
Thu Jun 5 23:45:02 EDT 2008

Dear CBAers,

We've been tracking GW Lib faithfully for the last month, mainly
following the mysterious 2.0 hr photometric signal.  The coverage has
been very good, thanks mainly to Bob Rea, Berto, and Tom Krajci.  Our
data seems to show that the true period is 4.1 hr (2.0 hr is merely a
powerful first harmonic).  That's interesting.  But something vastly
more interesting happened two nights ago.  In a space of half a day, a
very powerful (0.07 mag) periodic signal at 1187 s jumped up from
nowhere... and has persisted in 3 nights of observation (from Bob Rea
and Greg Bolt).

This vaults GW Lib to an absolute top priority target.  Fire away with
all available weapons!