(cba:news) SDSS1227+51

Joe Patterson jop at astro.columbia.edu
Sat Jun 9 07:04:56 EDT 2007

Dear CBAers,

Only a few nights have been obtained so far on this eclipsing
superhumper.  It's admittedly poorly placed in the spring sky, but by
splicing European and North American data we should be able to extract
the main observational fact - namely the superhump period - with high
precision.  Next year we can do a much more thorough campaign near
minimum light, and derive the binary parameters.  I think this guy
deserves the highest priority in the evening sky, even if the runs are
pretty short.