(cba:news) SDSS1227+51 in outburst

Joe Patterson jop at astro.columbia.edu
Tue Jun 5 17:11:43 EDT 2007

Dear CBAers,

Following Tonny's (and Patrick's) announcement, northern observers
should high-tail it to this formerly obscure star ("CVn" in the Downes
et al catalog) and try to obtain light curves as long as possible.  The
season's not promising, but with some global splicing, we might be able
to get the period issues straightened out.

No one knows how long this eruption will last, or how long to the next.
  But the getting is pretty good right now!

I'll send out a full letter tomorrow.  GW Lib remains of very high
interest, and pretty do-able now that Olde Whiteface has (somewhat)
moved outa the way...

joe

So that's SDSS1227+51, or "CVn", labelled as m=19.1 but now in outburst.