(cba:news) var cas 06 again...

Joe Patterson jop at astro.columbia.edu
Wed Nov 8 10:22:18 EST 2006

Dear CBAers,

I just wanted to scho Tom's remarks.  Over the next 1-3 weeks, we want to
track this thing down to minimum light, and beyond.  Even a short run, or
a snapshot, is fine if it's decently calibrated.  Best is a V filter,
preferably with GSC 3656-1399 as a comparison. A different comparison star
is OK, and unfiltered is OK too, as long as you clearly specify what comp
you used.  Whether the star's light curve ever wiggles, we dunno (so far
no) - but how it returns to minimum may well provide a nice test for a
microlens hypothesis.

Of course, any earlier data would be mighty nice too!