(cba:news) tonight's SWIFT observation of "Var Cas 06"

Joe Patterson jop at astro.columbia.edu
Fri Nov 3 04:08:02 EST 2006

Dear CBAers,

We managed to obtain a target-of-opportunity SWIFT X-ray observation of
the new transient in Cas (0009+54), scheduled for 1330 UT today.  It would
be great if optical time series were obtained very close to it!  Sorry for
the short notice, but we were approved just 4 hours ago.  Tomorrow night
would be really good too.

This could be an awfully interesting object.  So far it looks pretty
unique - not quite looking like any of the usual suspects...