(cba:news) HS2331+39 = And, and RX0704+26 = Gem

Joe Patterson jop at astro.columbia.edu
Fri Dec 1 20:33:54 EST 2006

Dear CBAers,

Olde Whiteface will be pretty bright for the next week - especially in the
north where the Frosty Moon rides so high in the winter sky all night
long.  Bad for our quaint little enterprise.

But HS2331 is still quite well-placed, and not much threatened by nearby
moonlight.  We have a long observing run going at Kitt Peak now, and are
trying to get intense coverage of this star.  Among other targets, but
this one is particularly worth a special push.

The other northern star I wanted to recommend is RX0704+26 = Gem.  A
little faint for most of you, but possible... and oh, are you going to
loooovvveee THIS light curve!