(cba:news) HT Cam

Joe Patterson jop at astro.columbia.edu
Sat Dec 10 15:33:36 EST 2005

Tonny's note pretty much establishes that the two-night HT Cam outburst is
over.  Again it tempts us and dashes our hopes!

However... Tom's one night of coverage is one of the most interesting CV
light curves I ever saw.  There was a fascinating display of periodic
signals.  I'm going to analyze and report back in a day or two.
Meanwhile, if you can observe at m=17, please do so for 1-3 more nights!
We'd like to glean a little information about the post-outburst state.
Admittedly it's not going to be handsome data - especially since I'd like
to observe with integration times no longer than 70 s (I recommend 40-60
s).  But the star has fast periods, so we need short delta-ts.  Even if it
looks bad, the periodic signals might still come shining through!

Maybe.