(cba:news) Late September...

Joe Patterson jop at astro.columbia.edu
Tue Sep 21 04:42:58 EDT 2004

Dear CBAers,

About to leave on a week's observing run... but I wanted to toss in my two
cents worth.

You probably saw Berto's announcement of a V4140 Sgr outburst, which could
be the long-awaited super.  Despite the lateness of the season, this would
be a great target for southern CBAers!

It's time for V1101 Aql to go gently into that good night, at least for
this year.

ASAS0025+12 is staging a great, great show, and I recommend it heartily
for everyone!  This is likely to be the prime star of 2004 (although Var
Her set a high standard)... and should survive moderately unfavorable
conditions of cloud, declination, and moonlight (most of the time).  I'll
write again re this and other stuff from AZ...