(cba:news) cba goes commercial...

Joe Patterson jop at astro.columbia.edu
Tue Jan 27 16:06:41 EST 2004

Dear CBAers,

Well, it had to happen eventually.  If you've visited the website lately,
you may have seen an advertisement for shirts, caps, mugs, mousepads,
etc., with CBA logos.  Our unholy alliance with the world of commerce.

They look awfully good to me, especially the coffee mug and tote bag.  I
now go to morning coffee more often, and swish that coffee about a little
more jauntily.  Add a little swashbuckle with that CBA logo!

You can get the link from the CBA site, or go directly to http://www.
cafeshops.com/cbashop/.  You might also get Jonathan to customize one of
these things for you too, maybe.  I dunno much about it, but he does; I
think he selected these dozen or so things from a much vaster menu of
possibilities.

The northeastern U.S. is in the midst of a very deep freeze, the coldest
few weeks in decades.  Good for skating, and good for CCDs for that
matter... but bad for astronomy in general, since at some level human
comfort enters into the equation.  I imagine this is why CBA data has been
sluggish in the last month... and I hope the australites can make up for
it!