(cba:news) Captain Bob Fried (fwd)

Joe Patterson jop at astro.columbia.edu
Sun Nov 16 07:06:21 EST 2003

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 07:03:02 +0000
From: gemerson at att.net
To: Joe Patterson <jop at astro.columbia.edu>
Subject: Captain Bob Fried

Dear Joe,  What sad news about Bob Fried. I have known him since about 1974
when he built his first Braeside Observatory on Flagstaff mountain high above
Boulder, Colorado.  For a while we worked together at the University of
Colorado but he was far too sharp and energetic for the stagnate minds of the
astronomy department there, so he left after a few months to go off on his
own again.  We have kept in touch via E-mail and telephone since he left
Boulder.

I shall miss him very much.  What a loss.

Gary Emerson