(cba:news) OU Vir, yeah, yeah, yeah

Joe Patterson jop at astro.columbia.edu
Mon May 5 14:51:22 EDT 2003

Dear CBAers,

OU Vir just jumped into superoutburst, and this is a great opportunity for
us since it is another eclipser - definitely our favorite beast (since the
eclipses can be used to define the shape of the accretion disk).  Smack
dab on the equator, transiting near local midnight.  Fire all available
weaponry, we probably won't get another opportunity quite like this for
many years.

The position appears to be 14h 35m 00.1s -00d 46m 07s  -- but someone
should check this since I don't seem to have any internet information
access right now.

Great target - get thee to a telescope!