(cba:news) V699 Oph

Joe Patterson jop at astro.columbia.edu
Fri Jul 11 16:47:49 EDT 2003

Dear CBAers,

Well, despite the unfavorable position with respect to Sun and Moon, we
are getting some pow'f'l innerestin' data on Mister V699!  The star is
showing some very revealing fine structure in the superhumps - but we
need some more data to clinch the case (before it fades).  This is a tough
object and you might want to use a red filter (assuming you want to do it
all).  I don't recommend it for anyone - it's too tough for mass
consumption.  But I wanted to sound the alarm right away, since the
data's pretty time-critical and so far we just have the three longitudes
(Utah, Arizona, Uzbekistan) contributing.