(cba:news) well, that was fast...

Joe Patterson jop at astro.columbia.edu
Tue Dec 23 10:50:02 EST 2003

I worried about the cycle count for sdss0137-09, since the unfavorable sky
position means no one can get long runs on it.  But in the first day and a
half. we have excellent runs from South Africa (Pretorius, Warner),
Australia (Bolt) and AZ (Armstrong, Halpern, Katz).  So the alias demon is
demon is beaten (Psh =81.6+-0.3 min), and the superhumps are really
impressive - smooth as a baby's bottom, and of very large amplitude.  Time
to settle in for the long haul on this shiny new dwarf nova!

Other targets unchanged.  Bill Allen and Ton Richards are working on AH
Men - I hope that others can join the campaign on this very rewarding
star.