(cba:news) v803 cen drops

Joe Patterson jop at astro.columbia.edu
Thu Mar 28 10:26:27 EST 2002

Dear CBAers,

Well, we got 5 beautiful nights on V803 Centauri in supermax, thanks to
Fred & Jennie, Berto, and Bob Rea.  Last night it dived by a magnitude.
I dunno what it will do now, but let's make it the premier object for
tree-to-tree coverage.

We can retire ec0511-7955 for the season; it will was a helluva campaign
(mainly bob rea and berto), showed the star to be an eclipsing binary with
P=0.141466 d, with nodal superhumps and a very prominent nodal precession
period of 3.77+-0.05 days.  Well done... now let's go after V803 with
all available armaments.